Chillicothe (Thursday, February 22, 2018) — U.S. 52 and S.R. 139 in the village of New Boston in Scioto County have been closed today, February 22, due to flooding.
In addition, S.R. 73 in Scioto County has been closed at Rarden, and S.R. 139 and S.R. 140 are closed at the Jackson and Lawrence County lines, respectively. In addition to these closures, the following routes in District 9 are closed today due to flooding:
- S.R. 348 at various locations between the 0.0-mile marker at S.R. 125 and the 12.8-mile marker near S.R. 781.
- S.R. 247 between the 0.0-mile marker at T.R. 2015 (Pownall Road) and the 0.32-mile marker at U.S. 52 in the community of Wrightsville.
- S.R. 781 at various locations between the 0.0-mile marker at S.R. 41 and the 10.98-mile marker at S.R. 348.
- S.R. 788 between the 0.00-mile marker at S.R. 93 and C.R. 78 (Fairgreens Road).
- S.R. 124 at the 14.88-mile marker and S.R. 772 at Idaho.
- S.R. 220 at the 10.5-mile marker and C.R. 51 (River Road), south of Waverly.
- S.R. 73 at the 1.24-mile marker and the village of Rarden.
- S.R. 139 at U.S. 52 in the village of New Boston and at the Jackson County line.
- S.R. 140 at the 16.60-mile marker and the Lawrence County line.
- S.R. 73/104 at the 25.18-mile marker and the interchange ramps at S.R. 852 and U.S. 52.
- S.R. 73/104 at the 25.56-mile marker and the Second Street Bridge at Portsmouth.
- S.R. 239 between the 0.00-mile marker at U.S. 52 and the 1.22-mile marker at S.R. 73/104 at West Portsmouth.
These closures are in effect until further notice. Motorists are reminded that crossing any closed route is strictly prohibited, and they should use additional caution when traveling on roadways which remain open but where standing water may be present.
For more information contact:
Kathleen Fuller, public information officer
Ohio Department of Transportation – District 9
740-774-8834 (o); 740-637-9037 (m)